What Does a Severely Alienated Child look like?
Copyright 1998 by Douglas Darnall, Ph.D.
- The child has a relentless hatred for towards the targeted parent.
- The child parrots the Obsessed Alienator, and makes statements against the targeted parent.
- The child does not want to visit or spend any time with the targeted parent.
- Many of the child’s beliefs are enmeshed with the alienator.
- The child’s stated beliefs are delusional and frequently irrational.
- The child is not intimidated by the court.
- Frequently, the child’s reasons are not based on personal experiences with the targeted parent. Instead, the reasons reflect what the child is told by the Obsessed Alienator.The child has difficulty making any differentiation between the two.
- The child has no ambivalence in his feelings; it’s all hatred, with no ability to see the good. (Black and White thinking)
- The child has no capacity to feel guilty about how he or…
View original post 110 more words