1) Sabotaging and interfering with visits or not permitting visits at all.
2) Depriving the targeted parent of important information about the child, including but not limited to medical, educational, and social activities.
3) Not informing and excluding the targeted parent from the child’s activities, parent/teacher conferences, birthdays, religious events, graduations, etc.
4) Programming the child against the targeted parent by belittling, criticizing, and deprecating the targeted parent in the child’s presence.
5) Removing the targeted pictures of the targeted parent from the child’s awareness.
6) Interference with and not being supportive of contact between the targeted parent and the child. This contact includes the telephone, text messaging, e-mailing, skype, or other methods.
7) Making unilateral decisions in major areas regarding the child.
8) Verbally and physically abusing the targeted parent by the child and/or alienating parent.
9) Defying the targeted parent’s supervision and authority.
10) Rejection of the targeted parent’s gifts, cards, vacations, and other offers of help.
We experienced all of the above over the years, and the denigrating behavior worked. We have not seen or spoken to my husband’s children in over seven years.